Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation is America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 51 state and territorial affiliates and some six million members and supporters nationwide. The Federation's programs are aimed at conserving wildlife, restoring important habitats and waterways, defending clean air and water, protecting public lands, expanding outdoor opportunities for all, and connecting children with nature. To meet our mission, our Strategic Business Operations team is looking for a Technology Services Specialist to join our team in Reston, VA.
Technology Services Specialists serve as the primary point of contact with staff at the National Wildlife Federation for day-to-day technology needs. The background and responsibilities include knowledge of the personal hardware and software used by staff, confidence and interest in researching and trouble-shooting new and existing technologies related to usability, durability, security, and attention to detail and process needed to enable efficient and resilient help desk operations.
Personal attributes required for this role: responsiveness to the typical range of technology understanding found in a large workplace, and commitment to a customer ethic that maintains and grows workplace productivity and satisfaction. Specialists are measured on both throughput performance and workplace improvement.
- Provide timely support to all staff on NWF-administered business-user hardware and software including VoIP phones, laptops, mobile device connectivity, operating systems, MS Office and other business applications.
- Respond to requests through multiple means: telephone, email, face-to-face contact and Help desk ticketing system (Zendesk). Maintain thorough notes of actions and resolutions, and conduct proper routing and escalations as outlined by the Help Desk Team Lead and the Senior Director of IT.
- Build and deploy new and existing computers on a set schedule. Contribute in maintaining and up-to-date computer asset inventory. Oversee hardware shipping and returns from regional offices.
- Administer Outlook, Active Directory and listserv accounts and groups.
- Manage task lists, regularly communicate with teammates on progress, barriers, and re-prioritization needs.
- Contribute to business processes development and improvement. Advocate for changes to improve help desk operations. Follow SOPs and policies. Produce or contribute to help desk operations and IT policy documentation.
- Serve as a project team member on engagements executed within the Strategic Business Operations department. These can be projects led by other teams with tasks related to IT, or IT-driven projects.
- Participate in new hardware and software roll-out requirements gathering, analysis, roll-out planning, and training and adoption services and related performance key performance indicators during and post-implementation.
- Co-lead the IT Ambassador Program, create session curricula and steward their assignments and contributions.
- Contribute in maintaining an up to date IT Help desk documentation library. Includes scheduled document reviews and updating.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (2013-O365), Active Directory, Outlook, Apple iOS, Windows7 and Windows 10 environments. Experience in Office 365 and with Zendesk ticketing software a plus.
- Considerable understanding of current and emerging Information Technology, knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks, LAN’s, WAN’s, computers, tablets, handheld devices, and telephony (VOIP)
- Detail-oriented, able to follow tasks through to completion including appropriate documentation
- Proven consistency in following SOPs and delivery on SLAs
- Possess hands-on experience in building and maintaining computers
- Efficient time management and task prioritization flexibility, comfortable with tight deadlines at times
- Able to build trusting, collaborative and compassionate relationships
- Feels personally accountable for individual and shared successes
- Self-starter mentality, owns problems and pulls in other resources and expertise as needed to sleuth and resolve.
- Capable of understanding broader context and the bigger picture including NWF’s strategic vision and the essentials of our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- 3 or more years end-to-end personal computing management and technology acquisition experience
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
We aspire to be an inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical ability, and religious and political belief. Diversity at the National Wildlife Federation translates into understanding and valuing each other's perspectives.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a complementary team and strongly support candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.
If you are interested you should submit both a cover letter and resume.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted