WHO WE ARE
The Humane League is an international nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. At The Humane League, we foster a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, The Humane League has strategically positioned itself for growth. We are currently a team of 70+ committed individuals, dispersed across the country and the world. We are looking for a Social Media Manager to bring our mission, our campaigns and our meaningful stories to our existing social media communities and to those beyond our current reach, including influencers—for high-impact exposure and community-building on behalf of our organization and the animals we work for every day.
Your position plays an integral role in building The Humane League’s credibility and exposing our mission, our movement and our work to media and influencers—those who reach and impact millions of people.
We want you because you have a mission and values-centered approach to your life and your work. You are ideal for this position because you have a rich background of experience in Communications and/or PR and media relations, with a proven track record in securing highly visible feature stories in leading national and international media outlets and local publications. Critically, you possess persuasive written and verbal communications skills, an active network of applicable media and influencer contacts, and a can do, relentless and inherently positive attitude.
This is a full-time, remote position with occasional travel. This is a US-based position. We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build, implement and lead our primary Social Media strategy, focused on growing our community and our measurable impact via Social Media.
- Partner with, and support, our Int’l communications team members in developing local social media strategies and sharing content.
- Lead all Social Media activities across all of our primary pages, including content/copy creation, a content calendar for each platform (currently Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr), community management and moderating, and results analysis.
- Support the organization in winning campaigns—empowering and enrolling our online communities to take action around these campaigns and our other calls to action, including donating, volunteering, visiting our website(s) and more.
- Build relationships and partnerships with social media influencers, in partnership with our PR Director.
- Serve as the internal social media “expert”, in partnership with a Social Media Coordinator, for managing regional and campaign accounts.
- Work intra-departmentally across the organization to ensure our messaging is powerful, clear, consistent and optimized, while supporting our broader organization’s priorities and goals.
- Monitor and evaluate success on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a knowledge of changing trends in social media, digital marketing, and within the animal protection sectors.
- Leading our (soon to be hired) Social Media Coordinator and interns with professionalism, empowered yet clear guidance and feedback, in-line with our organizational culture and norms.
- Strategically partner with others outside of the organization, to support our work in building a strong movement.
- Manage our strategic, day-to-day social media work with sensitivity, upholding and building our positive reputation and community-focused approach.
- Notable experience working in Social Media across key platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit) and strategically building online communities with agencies, nonprofits or for-profit organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English, including a keen eye for persuasive and punchy copy and an ability to adapt your voice to that of our organization’s.
- An expertise in leading and creating compelling, on-brand and engaging short- and long- form content for social media.
- A knack for building relationships with influencers and other partners.
- An understanding of how to engage and convert our audiences through the ‘marketing’ funnel.
- Experience creating and measuring goals, including working with key metrics and conversion tracking.
- Experience collaborating with and leading others.
- A working knowledge of design and production processes.
- The ability to work in a highly organized and detailed fashion.
- A can do, relentless and inherently positive attitude.
- An authentic alignment with our mission and animal protection work.
- Strong experience in building a brand or organization’s presence on YouTube.
- Experience with project management processes and programs, such as Asana.
- Ease in working with the Google Suite, including docs and sheets.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
Starting salary $56,000, additional consideration to commensurate with experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation time, room for advancement, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted