General Position Summary:
Central IT@JH and Enterprise IT Operations including Enterprise Business Solutions (ERP/SAP), IT shared Infrastructure and Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) funded by the NTS LLC, requires a self-directed IT, driven and focused Programmer Analyst to assist in developing automation dashboards, scripting and web applications for analysis, workflow and reporting. This position will have an opportunity to positively influence financial systems and operations by providing a broad range of information technology support, which may include: developing web-based applications; assisting in the development and maintenance of databases; configuration; help internally building consensus around proposed solutions.
Participates in the creation, implementation, maintenance, performance, production support and documentation of various departmental and enterprise-wide application systems. This includes but is not limited to the installation, modification, and testing of new and/or upgraded applications (packages or home grown), operating systems, file structures, hardware, communication devices, and productivity tools. Applies analysis techniques and procedures to gather and then translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs. Using functional specifications and designs, produces all or part of the deliverables. Maintains databases and application system code.
Typically understands project life cycle and has responsibility for sections of life cycle. Under guidance, responsible for full life-cycle of small and/or parts of a large project. Once priorities are set, perform tasks independently with regular process updates. Examples can easily be found in existing code, methods or online. Typically concepts used are simple and standard.
Candidate will be responsible for entire SDLC process and will collaborate with IT contractors, as necessary, and other teams to aid in the execution or implementation of solution development and workflow. Candidate will work closely with the Sr. IT Finance Manager to develop, deploy and tune various application solutions. Candidate should be a self-starter, have extreme detail orientation, strong sense of urgency and possess the ability to think outside the box while being creative with functional yet elegant presentation in mind. Candidate will often work independently and will need to work through the design process on their own.
The responsibilities listed below are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.
ANALYSIS AND REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
- Under guidance define business/clinical/education problems by meeting with clients to observe and understand current processes and the issues related to those processes.
- Provide written documentation of findings to share with the client and other IT colleagues.
- Gather system requirements by meeting with clients and researching existing technology to understand the business requirements for new applications.
- Under guidance, gather business/finance requirements by meeting with the product owner to observe and understand current processes and the issues related to those processes.
- Collaborate with financial analysts, project manager(s) and Sr. Finance Manager to develop comprehensive system solutions. Researching existing technology to understand the business requirements for new applications.
- Analyze and integrate disparate data sources - SAP modules (Finance, HR), HR systems (KRONOS), effort reporting system (ClickTime) and SharePoint files.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- Develop detailed tasks by analyzing project scope and milestones for projects in order to ensure product is delivered in a timely fashion according to software lifecycle standards.
- Write functional/technical specifications by taking the provided system requirements, putting them into functional and technical descriptions for use by programmers and business analysts to develop technical solutions.
- Develop/change data input, files/database structures, data transformation, algorithms, and data output by using appropriate computer language/tools to provide technical solution for application development tasks. (verify if this statement means programming)
- Document code and associated processes by adhering to development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation to various knowledge-based system(s) to simplify code maintenance and to improve the support.
- Develop and process detailed tasks, in the form of JIRA tickets, by analyzing project scope and milestones for projects in order to ensure solution is delivered on time and within resource constraints.
- Convert directives in project management system to working applications and tools.
- Make changes to the web code or scripts using GIT workflow.
- Maintain and develop new code. Scope – C++ ETL Program, UX front End (Sencha EXTJS Framework and Drupal 7 CMS), files/database structures, data transformation, algorithms, and data output by using appropriate web and database frameworks to provide the perfect solution for any give project.
- Document code and associated processes by adhering to (SDLC) development methodologies, (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, SourceTree) adding code comments and appropriate documentation to various knowledge-based system(s) to simplify code maintenance and to improve the support.
TESTING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Create and document test scenarios using the appropriate testing tools to validate and verify application functionality.
- Test all changes by using the appropriate test scenarios to ensure all delivered solutions work as expected and errors are handling in a meaningful way.
- Author and maintain documentation by writing audience-appropriate materials to serve as technical and/or end-user references.
- Adhere to the existing GIT flow (moving code from the feature branch to develop, staging, and master branches using GIT) when preparing, testing and deploying website code or script changes.
IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties the nature, significance, and risk factors of the solution.
- Monitor changes and resolve problems by responding to problems as they occur, by reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented solution, and by proactively ensuring the solution works successfully in order to satisfy the customer requirements and to provide a smooth transition to the new solution.
- Provide support by triaging and resolving issues to ensure prompt, effective service.
- Work closely with other teams to deploy SQL changes while following departmental best practices for SQL Standards, development frameworks and code methodologies.
- Monitor changes and resolve conflicts and issues promptly and efficiently.
- Provide production support by triaging and resolving issues to ensure 100% uptime with zero errors.
Specific Devices, Software, Projects for Which the Position is Responsible:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- One year of related work experience with computer systems and applications.
- Additional education may substitute for experience.
Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge in the assigned application as well as the platform on which it runs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
- Writes and speaks clearly and concisely.
- Possesses sound documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
- WAMP development.
- PHP 5
- Apache 2.4
- SQL Server Management Studio 17
- Sencha ExtJS 6 MVVC
- SAP Financials
- SAP HR
- Data visualization
- Scripting Tools
- System Versioning
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted