Are you passionate about building and testing software that has a purpose?
Do you have experience with automating the deployment of solutions?
You should come work for Northwoods!!! But before talking about what we want you to do, we want you to know why you should do it at Northwoods!
Never heard of Northwoods? We understand – we’re a small company. But we have a mighty big mission! Northwoods is a rapidly growing technology company truly focused on human services. We help state and county adult & aging, child support, child welfare, and economic assistance agencies save lives, promote well-being, strengthen families, and meet their missions.
Sound unusual? Good because we definitely are not your usual place to work!
Working at Northwoods means being part of a team that’s passionate about our ability to make an impact on the lives of human services professionals and the people they serve. If you seek collaboration, unique challenges, and the chance to contribute to work that matters, Northwoods is the right place for you.
Accountability is a hallmark of our culture! And with that comes a high-degree of flexibility! We have a “no-policy” PTO policy. Basically how it works is if you need time off, you work it out with your team and manager. No forms to fill out. No overly burdensome HR process. This policy goes back to our core values. We believe that you’re a professional and an adult and that you’ll live up to the HEART of Northwoods.
Supporting our communities is important to us and not just in the solutions we provide! Giving back is another part of what makes Northwoods, well Northwoods. We allow all employees to use 20 hours of company paid time a year for volunteer service with any organization or for any cause they choose. We have always encouraged and supported a strong culture of helping others.
If you want to find out more about what makes us tick, check us out at http://www.teamnorthwoods.com/
So what are we looking for?
Northwoods is looking for a new
. This role will work in a collaborative environment to automate the building, testing, and deployment of solutions and work with our developers on continuous integration/delivery efforts for these applications. The position responsibilities involve full software development lifecycle including building, testing, implementation, and support in an Agile/Scrum environment.
What You Will Do
- Automate the product development environment
- Automate the deployment and scaling of resources and applications with a continuous integration/continuous deployment workflow
- Provision application and system infrastructure
- Implement monitoring and log analysis platform
- Make it easier to deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot our software and environments
- Work with Scrum teams, Product Owners, and support staff to respond to service requests, solve problems, and provide value to our customers.
Who You Are
We are looking for a craftsperson that puts a high value on code quality, is comfortable with infrastructure as code, and will embrace test-driven development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience with a variety of tools and technologies including but not limited to Python, Ruby, Shell, CloudFormation, Ansible, AWS CLI, and Docker
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team that holds collaboration and accountability as key tenets of their process
- Experience deploying and managing web and application servers, load-balancers, queues, and caches; scaling and building resiliency into web application architectures
- Experience with source control systems and driving infrastructure management via scriptable and repeatable processes
- Experience implementing a monitoring or log analysis platform (ELK, Graylog, Graphite, Prometheus, etc)
- A desire to automate work and to use software development methodology (testing, and CI/CD) to build and provision infrastructure
- Certifications with Amazon AWS is a plus as is familiarity with EC2, S3, Route53, VPC, IAM and AWS SDK’s and command-line tooling
- Experience with database technologies (SQL Server/PostgreSQL a plus)
This role will require on-call responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted