Do you enjoy bringing an operations mindset to software development?
Are you passionate about treating infrastructure as code?
You should come work for Northwoods!!! But before talking about what we want you to do, we want you to know why you should do it at Northwoods!
Never heard of Northwoods? We understand – we’re a small company. But we have a mighty big mission! Northwoods is a software solutions provider with a mission of revolutionizing the delivery of services to vulnerable populations! We make solutions that improve the quality of the lives of case managers and social workers in the Human Services field.
Sound unusual? Good because we definitely are not your usual place to work!
Working at Northwoods means being part of a team that’s passionate about our ability to make an impact on the lives of human services professionals and the people they serve. If you seek collaboration, unique challenges, and the chance to contribute to work that matters, Northwoods is the right place for you.
Accountability is a hallmark of our culture! And with that comes a high-degree of flexibility! We have a “no-policy” PTO policy. Basically how it works is if you need time off, you work it out with your team and manager. No forms to fill out. No overly burdensome HR process. This policy goes back to our core values. We believe that you’re a professional and an adult and that you’ll live up to the HEART of Northwoods.
Supporting our communities is important to us and not just in the solutions we provide! Giving back is another part of what makes Northwoods, well Northwoods. We allow all employees to use 20 hours of company paid time a year for volunteer service with any organization or for any cause they choose. We have always encouraged and supported a strong culture of helping others.
If you want to find out more about what makes us tick, check us out at http://www.teamnorthwoods.com/
So what are we looking for?
Northwoods is searching for a Dev/Ops Engineer to join our team.
Northwoods is looking for someone with experience running web applications to join us and grow our operations team.
In this role, you will work as a part of our development team to design and deploy secure web applications to our customers. You will automate the building, securing, and deployment of the web infrastructure and work with our developers on continuous integration/delivery efforts for these applications.
We are looking for the right person to lay a solid foundation in automation and continuous integration/delivery so Northwoods can rapidly add customers and iterate on products to meet growing business needs.
- Experience deploying and managing web and application servers, load-balancers, queues, and caches; scaling and building resiliency into web application architectures
- Experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL a plus, NoSQL document or graph oriented databases a big plus!)
- Strong working knowledge of and experience troubleshooting and monitoring health and performance of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Proficiency with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix administration, scripting, and programming tools (bash, python, ruby, etc)
- Proficiency with Docker and containerized applications
- Experience with source control systems and driving infrastructure management via scriptable and repeatable and processes
- Experience implementing a monitoring or log analysis platform (ELK, Graylog, Graphite, Prometheus, etc)
- Experience automating the provisioning, deployment, and scaling of resources and applications with a CI/CD workflow
- A desire to work closely with software engineers on design and implementation of cloud-hosted product features
- Proficiency maintaining operating systems, web applications, and cloud environments to high security standards, implementing encryption and vulnerability management
- A team-player who is motivated to mentor our teams on best practices and desires to spread knowledge of devops culture and practices throughout the organization
- Certifications with Amazon AWS is a plus as is familiarity with EC2, S3, Route53, VPC, IAM and AWS SDK’s and command-line tooling
This role will require participation in an on-call rotation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted