Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
We currently have openings for Senior Software Engineers. In this position you will provide leadership, solve complex problems, and manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables Specific on-the-job training will be provided. As Senior Software Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Software Development team and Product Managers on the development and enhancement of OSI's products.
- Actively contribute ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges.
- Show a passion for continued learning, and staying abreast of new technology and trends.
- Deliver clean code supporting consistent user experience and product quality.
- Provide leadership and guidance to entry level developers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field. Master’s degree in related field is a plus.
- 5+ years of progressive software development experience.
- Expert level C, Java, and / or C# development skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following C++, Python, Angular.
- Experience with the following:
- Database: MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, and/or Cassandra
- IDE: Visual Studio, Eclipse, and/or NetBeans
- Analysis Tools: ANT, CUnit, FxCop, and/or PREfast
- Source Version Control: CVS, Git, and/or Subversion
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins or similar
- Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with agile development principles, continuous integration, and writing automated unit tests.
- Excellent project management skills; self-directed and capable of working effectively in a deadline environment.
- Able to contribute ideas and solutions, and also honor and support the ideas of others.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to facilitate meetings.
- Superior object oriented design and debugging skills.
- Strong initiative to find creative solutions to problems, and pride in well-crafted code.
- Experience working with distributed teams – ensuring full participation, cooperation and productivity from all team members.
- Knowledge of electric utility operation, control and / or optimization is preferred.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays. Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Discover your future. Discover OSI.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted