Frontend Engineer With Design Experience
Thorn is a non-profit that builds technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies.
At Thorn, you will work on products used by our industry partners to help make their platforms safer and prevent the spread of child abuse material on the internet. As you join our team at the early stage of this product, you will own the design and work together to implement, ship, and support our partners.
What You'll Do
- Define and advocate for best practices in our React frontend codebase.
- Work closely with the product manager and engineers to define product requirements.
- Produce wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts throughout a project’s process and build the client application.
- Present concepts to various stakeholders, clearly explaining your decisions and how they address real user needs, and incorporate feedback in subsequent iterations.
- Regularly connect with other product designers at Thorn to ensure concepts are in-line with overall product design standards and strategies.
What We're Looking For
- You have experience and are comfortable working in React.
- You have experience in taking a design from wireframes to production. You enjoy building web applications that are not only functional, but beautiful and professional.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced and fluid environment and can collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You have empathy and can be a strong advocate for our users while balancing the vision and constraints of engineering realities.
- You communicate clearly, efficiently, and thoughtfully. We’re a highly-distributed team, so written communication is crucial.
Technologies We Use
You should have non-trivial experience with at least a few of these, but we’re open to teaching folks that have the desire and ability to learn the rest.
- React / Redux / TypeScript
- Node / Express / GraphQL
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted