HSRI, a mission-driven nonprofit research organization dedicated to improving health and human services, is looking for a Software Developer. If you have an affinity for data, experience with software maintenance and development, an eye for detail and want to contribute to bettering lives and improving services, come join our team!
Who We Are
HSRI is a nonprofit organization that conducts research and evaluation to improve health and human service systems. We work at the local, state, and federal level to help develop measures and data collection instruments and protocols, to conduct analysis, and to develop implementation strategies. Our goal is to help public agencies understand and demonstrate the real-world impact of the services they provide, helping them transform their policies and practice to produce meaningful outcomes.
HSRI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our office in Cambridge, MA is accessible by public transportation.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a full-time Software Developer to join our National Core Indicators (NCI) team. NCI is a multi-state data collection and data analysis effort that provides US states with data on the performance of public services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The person in this position will participate in software development, including modifying existing application software and developing new features or systems. This position also includes testing and debugging software, helping with documentation, and assisting with end-user support.
We’re looking for an individual who enjoys working as part of a team. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience with computer programming in a variety of computer languages and experience in one or more database management systems. This person will be detail oriented, possess strong communication skills, and be able to organize and prioritize tasks. Interest in the field of public health and issues of long-term services research and policy and/or survey and research methodology is a plus.
- Participate in program changes and customizations to existing software
- Participate in the development and testing of new software
- Maintain and help debug existing software
- Perform data transformation and handle data for import and export
- Investigate and solve end-user issues and provide user and system support
- Prepare or maintain reference documents (manuals, online help, etc.)
- Contribute to year-end reporting efforts
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Associate degree < /li>
- 2 years’ minimum experience in computer programming or related field
- Experience with one or more database management systems (SQL Server, Oracle, and/or MySQL)
- Ability to learn and utilize highly specialized software applications
- Ability to remain current with end-user hardware and software products
- Ability and willingness to use code libraries where applicable
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as the situation demands
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators and co-workers
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks; also, flexible and willing to accept changes in priorities
- Strong attention to detail
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted