New York Public Radio (NYPR) and its main properties, WNYC and WQXR, have been engaging the hearts and minds of radio listeners in New York and around the country for generations. To re-invent that tradition and reach a new generation of listeners we’re transforming how our audiences listen to and support NYPR’s programming across our digital platforms.
Our digital team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working to empower New Yorkers to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help New Yorkers enrich their lives and their neighborhoods — we're just getting started.
About the Position
As Engineer, DevOps at New York Public Radio, you will design and build infrastructure to improve reliability, resiliency, and performance. You will also contribute to developer happiness on a lean, friendly engineering team with a DevOps culture that values collaboration, constant improvement, and constructive feedback.
You’re constantly thinking about security, scaling, and backups. You’re always looking for a single point of failure. But you’re also excited to work on internal tools that accelerate development, simplify operations, and enable all employees to contribute to the product.
- Keep infrastructure secure and reliable
- Help manage infrastructure budget
- Participate in infrastructure decision-making
- Provide technical guidance in collaboration with other departments
- Maintain and extend CI system (we use CircleCI)
- Partner with developers on incident investigations and post-mortems
- Automate (and verify!) backups
- Support developers in POSIX environments and help them avoid common pitfalls
- Work on internal tools to support digital operations
- Deployed and managed Dockerized/Serverless applications in production
- Experience managing AWS networking configurations
- Solid foundation in modern security practices
- Experience with Python
- Experience with system/infrastructure design
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Salt or Ansible
- Fluent in Python
- Django experience
- Excellent grasp of AWS infrastructure concepts, and experience managing AWS with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Able to debug issues with nginx/uWSGI
- Good grasp of Postgres management concepts
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted