Human Agency is building a world where the most powerful tools of media and technology can and should be used to advance the values and goals of people. Digital advertising today is profit-centered, more complex than it needs to be, and is currently monopolised by those who have existing knowledge, tools and resources. We’re here to change that.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are looking for values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
About the Role
Human Agency Platform is a venture backed, software product that gives everyone an equal voice. We’re using digital ads to solve problems that have real impact on people’s lives and on society as a whole.
We are seeking a Ruby Engineer that shares our passion for change. As a Ruby Engineer on our team, you drive change by fostering an environment that embraces Extreme Programming, TDD, and properly designed software. As an experienced developer, you understand how to scale a Rails application while avoiding common concurrency pitfalls. You are ever vigilant to Rails exploits and you love working closely with others.
We love building software that changes the world and we would love for you to join us.
What a Ruby Engineer does:
- Ship Great Software:
- Pair program on new features and bug fixes.
- Recognize and address scalability and concurrency issues.
- Conduct technical research and spikes around Facebook and Google API integrations.
- Provide constant vigilance of security vulnerabilities.
- Champion the use of TDD, VIM, and TMUX.
- Onboard new team members on project architecture and best practices.
- Introduce new tools and techniques that make the team more effective.
- Perform code reviews to ensure clean code and good architecture.
Keep the Train Moving:
- Facilitate Scrum rituals such as Standup, Estimation, Sprint Planning, and Retrospective.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner on “READY-ready” stories.
- Embrace servant leadership.
This could be the job for you if you:
- Have 5+ years experience growing web applications using Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec.
- Have deep conviction in using TDD to write code.
- Have VIM set as your primary editor.
- Have experience working with Extreme Programming techniques.
- Have integrated third party APIs in a Rails app.
- Have a thorough understanding of Rails exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Love to see positive change in the world.
- You call (or would like to call) Saint Louis your home.
You also may:
- Have experience working in a highly concurrent Ruby application.
- Have experience working with the Facebook Marketing API or the Google Ads API.
- Love to travel and experience new places and cultures (Travel opportunities and adventures are available, but not required).
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted