Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems of food waste? Recent research has found that an incredible 30-40% of food is wasted every year around the globe.
Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving this food waste problem. We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. We are rapidly growing the team, after recently raising an $8.5 million Series A, led by Spark Capital.
As a product designer at Full Harvest, you’ll play an integral role in developing our user experience across the entire product suite. Our UI/UX designer will a very cross-functional role which will partner closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Sales. You’ll be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and iterating on a clean, clear interface and visual designs across our customer-facing platform.
This role will also have the opportunity to shape the broader systems and strategies used to build the world’s first online B2B marketplace connecting farms to food & beverage companies. This role will own significant areas of the product and therefore help shape the future of Full Harvest.
As part of a growing team, your responsibility will be broad and often changing to meet the needs of the business. There are, however, a set of baseline responsibilities that you will be expected to own regularly, including:
- Collaborate and partner with product and engineering teams as the design expert to flesh out user interactions, flows and product designs
- Conduct research to build qualitative and quantitative data to support your strategies and proposals on how they will serve user needs
- Build high fidelity user interface mockups & assets for customer-facing and internal products
- Own the design systems used throughout products and customer collateral
- Develop customer facing collateral in support of Marketing, Sales & Supply teams
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Design Communications, CS or related field
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Expert of UX/UI design and collaboration tools such as Adobe XD and/or Sketch
- Creative thinker & problem solver; requiring the ability to think outside the box and proactively address issues
- Experience owning large design projects with multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Exceptional project management skills; a proven ability to take an idea from inception to completion
- Effective and mature communicator able to convey complex ideas and strategies concisely both verbally and in writing
- Team player mentality; able to manage inputs from multiple teams and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- We are results focused and rely on each other to accomplish our goals
- We deliver consistently strong performance
- We go to great lengths to understand and delight customers
- We give and receive candid and direct feedback
- We admit mistakes openly and are not afraid to ask for help
- We look for solutions in unexpected places
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission - solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
- In-Office Lunch several days a week
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted