We are on the brink of the next industrial revolution.
Manufacturing has long been an analog world, but this is about to change. By introducing machines to the digital world, there’s a staggering opportunity for efficiency and production leaps. Oden is driving this revolution. We’re on a mission to eliminate waste in manufacturing.
We have combined industrial hardware, wireless connectivity, and big data architecture into one simple platform so all manufacturers can analyze and optimize their production, from any device. Efficiency, sustainability, and competitiveness are democratized.
Why We Do It:
We like to enable those who make things - to make more, to waste less, to serve their customers, and to thrive in a competitive world. Help enough makers, and the world can give us all the abundance we want for less cost and environmental impact. We’re on the verge of a 4th industrial revolution that begs for absolute efficiency in all factors of life. We plan to deliver that to everyone who makes things. Check out some of our team members discussing life at Oden: Oden's Culture of Empowerment and Impact
- Care about the mission of the product and company.
- Are excited by new front-end technologies and keep up to date with the ecosystem.
- Are never satisfied with the way things are, but excited about the way things could be.
- Tinker. You embrace different technologies and want to see how they can work together.
- Empathize with customer needs while also looking towards long-term innovation.
- Live by transparent and scientific thinking. You put in the work to find the best ideas with those around you, without ego.
You’ll be helping us design, build, and deploy the next-generation factory analytics platform. This includes working on both our React SPAs and Node servers as well as adjacent APIs. We're a small but highly skilled software engineering team, where your contributions will have a big impact on the success of the company. You will work across the full stack, but the main focus will be on building modern web applications.
- Writing clean, elegant, simple, testable code.
- Working with the business, product team, and fellow engineers to plan features, create specifications, and estimate effort.
- Helping create the next iteration of the core platform and what will become the basis for scaling the product.
- Building real-time data heavy visualizations
- Building and implementing reusable components across all our client facing applications
- Learning whatever technology is necessary to get a particular job or feature done well.
- Participating in engineering discussions to learn and share insights and knowledge.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience building single-page applications
- Strong markup skills (HTML5 / CSS3)
- Experience using a modern, declarative front end library (e.g. React, Vue, Angular2)
- Experience using ES6/2015/2016
- Understanding of state management patterns and async flow control.
- Experience designing, building and interacting with REST JSON APIs
- Strong CS fundamentals: B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with React and its ecosystem
- Familiarity with MobX and/or observables
- Experience building high performance large-scale JS applications
- Experience building high-performance data visualizations. Canvas, D3, web workers or similar
- An eye for design and UX
- Experience using front-end testing frameworks
What We Offer You:
- Measurable impact to the world. You have the chance to help actual people - family businesses, entrepreneurs, engineers.
- Exposure to many tech disciplines, most of which are rapidly evolving.
- A bridge between the physical and cloud worlds of tech. Our platform unites big data visualizations with sensors, and heavy industrial equipment.
- A platform that has the potential to evolve beyond what we have envisioned now.
- Scientific and transparent thinking, for everyone involved.
- Backing by world leaders in both industry and tech, providing significant potential for long term growth and development.
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Diversity at Oden means building a team that is rich across all boundaries of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age and thinking style. We welcome all backgrounds, life experiences, and worldviews as this is the catalyst for the rapid evolution of our product and our organization. Diversity allows us to tackle new challenges, embrace change, make well-informed decisions, and ultimately Make Things Better. In alignment with our “People First” company value, Oden has a passionate internal team dedicated to the promotion of diversity and inclusion initiatives as a core component of our culture.
Our diversity initiatives apply to our practices and policies on recruiting, compensation and benefits; professional development; promotions; social activities and the ongoing development of a psychologically safe work environment.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted