At Climb, we’re building a new type of student lending company: one that we would want to use and one that always finances an education benefiting the student.
We started Climb because the status quo for funding traditional higher education doesn't work. Students graduate deeply in debt, never earning enough to pay back their loans.
Climb is different. We work with leading schools and educational platforms around the country, scouring the nation to find the best sources of high ROI education - education that not only works, but is affordable. Our platform enables students to afford modern, transformative education delivered in an efficient and sustainable fashion.
Overview of Role
We are looking for a promising software engineer who is excited to join a fast-growing startup in a senior-level role. The ideal candidate will have a strong computer science background and a proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users. Being mission-driven and focused on problem-solving is more valued than
knowing a specific language or tech stack.
Your Background and Skills:
- Develop web-based applications used to underwrite loans and provide functionality to support and inform students and school officials using the MEAN and MERN stacks.
- Build creative and technically robust solutions to the product challenges we face.
- Participate in - and drive - architectural decisions concerning the software and how it will be moved from design process to incremental releases.
- Build and maintain strategies to automate performance, regression, and unit testing of the software.
- Collaborate intimately with internal teams and mentor junior engineers. We expect you to contribute and make us all better!
As part of the Product and Engineering team, you will:
- BS or BE degree in Computer Science or other engineering program with a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- A proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users
- Experience as a software developer to build products for web and backend
- Familiarity with database, MVC, and asynchronous programming techniques
- Willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies, while still building a codebase that will be robust and sustainable for the long haul
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of the software
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Health benefits including dental, vision and covered insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation/remote working policies, happy hours and a stocked kitchen with snacks
- Sponsorship for professional development and training programs
- Collaborative, dynamic, balanced, and fun team environment
- General sense of well-being and excitement
We’ve raised hundreds of millions of dollars of lending capital from financiers such as The Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs. We are currently 30 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted