Senior Software Engineer (SSE) - Integrations
Go behind the scenes in Spok's Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video: Transforming an Industry. You'll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You'll also get a feel for our company culture of collaboration, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) - Integrations is a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. The SSE will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. The SSE will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects. The SSE will own and components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple Scrum teams to develop Spok’s new SaaS based software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development and management teams to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 year’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong experience coding in C# and .Net Core
- Strong experience in search and matching technologies
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Cloud based application development in AWS using Lambda, SQS, and Kinesis
- Understanding of Serverless technology is a plus
- Understanding of Docker is a plus
- Experience scaling services for enterprise grade software
- Experience creating and managing CICD pipelines in Jenkins
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted