Love containers and automation? Have a passion for the emerging DevOps field, where your work impacts millions every day?
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer (Jenkins, Ansible, MySQL, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Python,) to join our internal Corporate Cloud team! This long term Cloud build and Implementation, stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. This DevOps Engineer would be apart of a fast past team of Developers, Engineers, and Architects to help build and deploy vital components of our Enterprise Private Cloud. The ideal candidate for this role would need exposure to one or more of modern programming languages to include Ruby, Python, PHP, Django, and/or Go in an Enterprise Linux/Unix/CentOS or RHEL environment. The ideal candidate would be a very forward-leaning, fast paced, and passionate DevOps Engineer who enjoys learning the newest technologies and Open-Source projects. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
* Preferably 2+ years of DevOps experience in a Linux/Unix/CentOS Enterprise environment.
* Experience developing in one or more programming languages including Python, Ruby, or PHP..
* Desired experience utilizing Docker for Containerization and Kubernetes for Orchestration.
* Experience utilizing Git (or similar) for Source Code Management and tracking
* Experience utilizing Ansible and/or Chef for Automation Configurations.
* Experience utilizing Jira for source code management.
* Desired Cloud exposure to AWS, AWS EC2, AWS S3, Azure or OpenStack.
* Preferred knowledge/exposure to any of the elements in the "ELK" Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstach, Kibana) complex Log Analytics.
* Experience utilizing a log monitoring tool such as Nagios, Splunk, or similar.
* Exposure to one of the following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
* Solid understanding of the SDLC, and SDLC principles.
* Working cross functionally with existing CI/CD Developers when additional Continuous Integration/Development tasks are needed.
* Preferred IT operations or Embedded Developer background.
* Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.* Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.* Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.* Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.* Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.* Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
What We Offer:
* Extremely Competitive Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision insurance
* Extremely high 401(k) retirement plan.
* Career with Purpose!
* Great work/life balance* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Much more!
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted