Administrator II – Salesforce
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
The Administrator II – Salesforce (i.e. Salesforce Advanced Administrator) will be the primary Salesforce Administrator of Feeding America’s two Salesforce Orgs. This will involve maintaining related applications deployed on the Salesforce platform, support Salesforce business administrators processes and practices, data access and protection and troubleshoot or escalate issues as needed. As Administrator II this individual will plan, execute, and finalize projects, with an emphasis on CRM applications and assist ongoing support of those CRM initiatives.
- Design, configure and maintain business specific programs within Feeding America’s Salesforce Orgs, in conjunction with internal staff and external partners, with attention to long-term organizational needs
- Participate in all aspects of Salesforce releases, including feature review and impact analysis, planning, designing, building, testing, deploying, supporting, and documenting.
- Assist business administrators and Salesforce developers with the configuration and support of the Salesforce Orgs, as well as related Salesforce applications, such as NGO Connect, Drawloop (Nintex), Rollup Helper, FormAssembly and others.
- Troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations, and implement solutions & best practices in the areas of data integrity standards, data quality and overall Salesforce system usage
- Manage and perform testing and validation processes, including UAT and Quality Assurance, in Salesforce and integrated systems.
- Train, inform, and support users regarding system functionality, enhancements, system configuration, and best practices.
- Manage all live production activity and lead efforts to resolve production incidents.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- May oversee vendor release deployments and contribute to internal technical change management best practices in CRM applications.
- BA/BS or relevant experience
- 5 years Salesforce and project management experience
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
Required Leadership Competencies
- Leverages Functional Expertise – Demonstrates experience in solving complex business problems by formulating and applying Salesforce best practice solutions
- Collaborates Internally & Externally – Strong track record of building consensus and working collaboratively in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Continuously Improves – Consistently learns from experiences and applies lessons to improve their skill set.
- Communicates Effectively – Ability to successfully communicate and document technical information to non-technical audiences and gain the confidence of and credibility with others at all levels.
- Manages for Results – Effectively prioritizes work that needs to be completed and seeks to understand risk vs reward when making decisions
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Technical expertise as a Salesforce Administrator (working familiarity with NGOC, Informatica, MySQL, SharePoint, Tableau a plus).
- Salesforce Administrator Certification(s) (Platform App Builder, Sharing and Visibility Designer, and/or Data Architecture and Management Designer a plus)
- Extensive hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Extensive project management experience
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted