We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Lead Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for reporting, analyzing, and administrating enterprise data. As the Senior Data Analyst, you will build reporting along with data modeling and integration solutions that are aligned with business strategies.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
- Create reporting solutions using database reporting and visualization tools like SQL Server Reporting Services or Tableau
- Document new and existing data related processes and procedures
- Analyze the existing database structure of the source and target databases to ensure proper migration
- Data Security and Consistency Management
- Create and modify code used to extract, transform, and load data from a source (other database or file) and load the data into a target database or file that is used for reporting
- Implement data quality analysis to ensure proper implementation of code
- Conduct system analysis, document findings and recommendation on business processes
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of database analysis, database administration, development, database design/architecture and reporting relating to a RDBMS (SQL Server preferred)
- Knowledge of the SQL language as well as knowledge/experience with procedural based computer programming is required
- Experience with Dimensional Modelling/ Data Warehouse design is preferred
- Knowledge of ETL and Reporting tools is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team and individually to manage strict deadlines, multiple dependencies, and timelines
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by September 12, 2019. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted