More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They will be seeking options that are economically viable, enabling them to earn a good living, and helping them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular is the leading software and analytics platform helping farmers meet this demand using software and analytics to make farming more profitable and efficient.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join our Granular Directed Scouting team. In simple terms, Directed Scouting aims to use tools like daily high-resolution satellite imagery to catch issues in the field early when they are easier to correct, saving the farmer time and money. Not only is this role integral to Granular success, but this is also a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, motivated team of engineers. This role is integral to Granular success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What you will do:
- Work closely with other developers, product managers, data science and design to develop a high-performance, scalable web application for enterprise use.
- Designing and building an application our farmers can use in the office and in the field.
- Create customer-facing applications using daily high-resolution satellite imagery and advanced data science that help the farmer protect their yield while also being good stewards of the land by catching problems early when they are easier to treat.
- Work directly with the product and design team to create a compelling user experience that is easy to use, and fast to implement.
- Build a workflow that is simple for our farmers to use, yet captures the complexity of managing a professional farm.
- Scale the product and team. There is a need, and flexibility for, horizontal and upward mobility.
Our ideal candidate:
- 0-2 years of experience developing user-friendly web applications in a fast-paced environment
- Sense for high-quality user experience
- Specific experience with or desire to learn technologies including Python (including Pyramid, Django), MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Experience building scalable web applications
- Excellent software design skills, code quality and attention to detail
- Background in analysis and visualization of geospatial data a plus
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, monitoring, continuous integration, etc. a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists, and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise that has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin-off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted