Stable is an early-stage, venture-backed company building the next generation of charging infrastructure for electric vehicle fleets. Urban charging infrastructure is a critical and underserved area necessary to make electric and autonomous vehicles a reality -- we’re working to fix that. Our founding team is a diverse group of former MIT scientists, Googlers and charging experts with backgrounds in robotics, optimization, and machine learning.
Our investors include Qasar Younis (former COO at Y Combinator), Kent Goldman (Upside VC), Habib Hadad/Calvin Chin (MIT's E14 fund), Reilly Brennan (Trucks.vc), Scott Belsky (Founder of Behance), Sunil Paul (Founder of Sidecar), and more.
About the role:
We are looking for a generalist software engineer to help build an autonomous robotic charger and develop supporting cloud infrastructure.
You should understand how to build simple, robust, and well-tested software in a quickly-changing environment. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers on all areas within our company.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, in a related field, or have equivalent experience in software engineering roles
- 1+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying software in a production environment
- Independent do-er who prioritizes execution and also knows when to ask for help
- Able to make sense of nebulous problems and work with your team to iterate on and improve your ideas
- A quick learner; you pick up new technologies and languages as needed to handle the problem at hand
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment at an early stage startup
In this role you will:
- Refine our perception and controls software to improve robot reliability and ensure that our robots can safely recover from failure states.
- Build out robust testing infrastructure to ensure that our charging robots can reliably plug in cars in a wide array of environmental conditions.
- Develop our data analysis pipeline to determine optimal geographic placement of our charging infrastructure
Other useful skills and experience:
- Experience building software for hardware (controls, path planning, computer vision, or sensing)
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted