Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Join a talented team of product-focused, self-starting engineers who care deeply about the Omada participants we serve, as we build out a first-in-class digital care program. A key pillar of our mission is behavioral health, and we need experienced software engineers to join us.
Our Behavioral Health team has been given a mandate to move as quickly as possible to rapidly iterate on our core product and expand access to our services helping people struggling with anxiety and depression. In this role, you'll work closely with Design, Coaching Operations, Clinical, and User Insights to scope, design, and build out new features across our coaching platform, content delivery system, and mobile app. You'll also collaborate with engineers across the organization to integrate with core business architecture and harness the power of our machine learning infrastructure.
At Omada, we value sustainable engineering practices: we build software using pair programming, test-driven development, and agile processes that we're constantly refining.
If you're passionate about making a real, tangible difference in the lives of people, come join us at our headquarters in the Financial District of San Francisco, a few blocks from the Transamerica Pyramid.
How you will make an impact:
- Solve big problems around behavioral health to directly affect Omada participants' health outcomes as well as the effectiveness of our health coaches
- Scope and build new features to increase engagement with our program, improve content personalization, and make operational processes more scalable
- Architect new interfaces with our microservices to drive expanded access to our program and ensure robust data collection to serve our coaching operations and data teams
- Take ownership of our platform and drive continuous improvement in its technical underpinnings
- Work cross-functionally to drive engineering efforts and partner with product owners to create technical requirements
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair programming environment
Technologies we use:
You will be successful in this job if you have:
- 5+ years of experience building consumer web applications in a team setting
- Solid Ruby on Rails skills or deep experience with other web frameworks
- Willingness to learn mobile development with React Native
- Experience with building performant database queries and well-structured data models
- Deep understanding of client-server relationships and cross app communication
- An excellent grasp of software development practices such as test-driven development, CI/CD, and code reviews
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on and the codebases you maintain
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to enable collaboration with cross-functional, non-technical stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted