Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada Health is a design-led digital health company on a mission to make healthy behavior change more accessible and achievable. We’re looking for an iOS software engineer to join our growing mobile engineering team. We believe mobile is the future of digital health, and we're seeking people interested in helping us build product features that have a direct impact on the lives of their end users.
Our core product includes several web apps built in Ruby on Rails, an iOS app written in Swift, and an Android app written in Java and Kotlin.
We value sustainable engineering practices: We work together using pair programming, test-driven development, and constant collaboration. As a key member of our engineering team, you will help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. You should be motivated to learn new technologies and be ready to drive technical work.
You’re looking for a mission driven company that strives to help people live healthier lives. You thrive in a highly collaborative environment and can implement features from design and requirement specs. Ideal candidates are detail oriented and communicate well with both technical and non-technical partners.
The iOS team is responsible for the core iOS application that delivers our behavior change program to our participants. Your contributions will directly impact the experience of the program and be seen by the hundreds of thousands working on their health goals.
You will love this job if you have:
- Strong knowledge of Swift
- Experience building iOS applications and releasing them in the App Store
- Good OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
- Experience with Unit Testing or User Interface Testing
- Experience using Auto Layout
Bonus points for:
- Experience pair programming
- Experience using Jenkins for continuous integration
- Web development experience, specifically MVC frameworks
- Online/offline state syncing
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted