We are developing solid state batteries that will power the next generation of transportation. We agree that software is eating the world; as such, we are leaning on software to give us a competitive edge. In this role, you will work with chemists, materials scientists, process engineers, and physicists in an exciting, multidisciplinary environment. You are an energetic software developer who will join our engineering team with a complementary skill set. Your background might include data engineering, data science, DevOps, front end development, or IoT.
You love moving quickly and working on leading edge technologies. Your responsibility will be to work with our software team to maintain and expand our data analysis and processing capabilities to assist our researchers. You will develop and deploy code to the cloud and on-prem using the latest DevOps technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, BigQuery, PubSub, and Hadoop. Data processing accuracy and reliability is key, so you will help build a robust platform for data ingestion and egress. You will react quickly to take corrective action when there are any exceptions, errors, or downtime.
In the course of your work, you will become proficient in the increasingly impactful battery industry and be able to anticipate our research team's needs. You are a good communicator and an extraordinary teammate. You seek out challenges and learning opportunities. You want to work in a startup environment: a fast pace energizes you, you can wear several hats and pitch in where needed.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, deploy and maintain internal applications and APIs for scientists and engineers
- Create ML models that will assist in the battery creation process
- Implement and maintain data collection & processing pipelines
- Quickly prototype different approaches for pathfinding in larger projects as well as to deploy one-off solutions
- Model data efficiently in MySQL and NoSQL databases
- BS in a technical field (Software Engineering or Computer Science is preferred)
- Expertise in at least one object oriented language (Python, C#, Java)
- Fluency in a relational and/or a NoSQL database
- Experience in developing with object oriented programming languages
- Experience with Pandas, SciPy, NumPy, SciKit-Learn
- At least 2 years' experience in software development and deployment
- Experience with an SCM such as Git
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD
- Experience with using a cloud platform
- Knowledge of OPC, MQTT, and PubSub
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted