QuantumScape is a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and recharge rate is enabled by a solid-state chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state-of-the-art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy?
We're looking for an experienced, highly motivated senior mechanical engineer to develop tooling to process our novel battery materials.In this role:
You'll work directly with scientists and engineers refining and scaling production of next generation batteries; learning how the technology works and translating processing needs into tool design specifications;
You'll be responsible for conceptualizing tool designs, reviewing with the team, and prototyping to validate fit and function.
Requirements:Experience and education
- BS in mechanical engineering with at least 5 years of experience in mechanical design. An MSME is a plus!
- Experience with precision mechanism and process tool design
- Experience with precision mechanism and tool design
- Proficient with 3D CAD and thermomechanical simulation
- Knowledge of part fabrication techniques and experience with machine shop equipment
- Demonstrated ability to refine designs through quick turn prototyping
- Organized in managing design specifications and documentation
- Knowledge of statistical process control and repeatability/reproducibility techniques
- Capable of working independently and driving projects to completion
- Ability to communicate clearly and candidly; strong affinity for teamwork
- References can attest to your passion, curiosity, creativity, and integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted