Senior Research Engineer (Machine Learning/Deep Learning)
Join VideaHealth as key member of our Artificial Intelligence team to develop complex ML systems that eventually improve dental health of millions of people.
About us: VideaHealth
Is a venture-backed startup developing artificial intelligence to automatically detect diseases in dental x-ray imaging. Spun out of MIT in 2018, our prior research has shown that dentists miss up to 50% of dental diseases. VideaHealth helps dentists detect these conditions and effectively communicate treatment recommendations to patients. Our productincreases revenue for dentists and has the potential to reduce health risks for over 210 million patients every year in the US alone. We have a strong core team and advisors, are backed by world-renowned VCs and angel-investors, and our work has been featured at MIT and the Wall Street Journal. We have great momentum and are now looking for ambitious talent to join our team!
About the position:
As a Research Engineer you will become a core member of the company and execute on ambitious milestones, taking ownership of your own projects. You will work closely with the leadership team within a highly collaborative company culture. You will own the design and implementation of infrastructure for reliable and highly performant deep learning and analytics pipelines with the main focus on the detection and classification of dental conditions from x-ray images. You will further play a critical role in defining and executing processes for managing large amounts of data, defining data sampling approaches and performance evaluations. In your role as Research Engineer you will become part of exciting collaborations with researchers, physicians, and regulatory bodies. You will collaborate with company advisors from MIT and Harvard whose expertise span machine learning, medical imaging, and getting products successfully through FDA. We are looking for an individual with a strong Machine Learning background who is not shy to take proactive responsibilities. You will be able to contribute and grow your technical skills by building end to end highly impactful medical devices that will ultimately impact the lives of millions of people. Your contributions will play a key role in building a great company from an early stage. We provide a competitive compensation package.
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on development building deep learning and/or data pipelines
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework (e.g. PyTorch, TF, Keras)
- Strong software development skills including testing (Python)
- Experience in reading & implementing technical research papers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive, ambitious, and fast learner
- Proven track-record of high quality software development (e.g. on GitHub)
- Experience in working with medical images or related Computer Vision problems
- Experience in Data Analysis (e.g. statistics, performance metrics)
- Experience working with cloud based platforms / providers (e.g. AWS)
- Leadership/Mentorship experience
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted