Tonal – the world’s most intelligent fitness system – enables you to be your strongest by providing an effective fitness program tailored to you, your goals, and your schedule. Combining cutting-edge, all-in-one equipment and personalized video guidance, it’s like having a personal trainer, on demand, in the convenience of your home.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
As part of the Hardware team at Tonal, we build our intelligent fitness system with embedded processors running anything from bare metal to Android using a variety of sensors, motors and communication paths to create an exceptional user experience. We’re looking for a passionate and motivated Firmware Engineer to dig into many of these areas.What You Will Do
- Design and develop our embedded software systems
- Integrate new sensors, improve control systems, implement and debug features
- Work with product management, mechanical and electrical teams to understand requirements
- Work with software, backend and design teams to drive feature implementation
- Work with manufacturing to ensure product data is available and quality is met
- Help the team establish best practices for development, test, and deployment
- Maintain a high bar for product quality, safety and user experience
- 3+ years firmware development experience
- Very strong at C development, experience in C++, Java, Python is also valuable
- Experience with high power BLDC motor control
- Experience with sensors and actuators
- Experience with safety systems and communication protocols
- Experience with Bluetooth and BLE
- Knowledge of embedded development best practices and tools
- Creative problem solving, and aren’t afraid to push the boundaries
- High attention to detail
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Team player with high integrity and high degree of self awareness
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve
- Enjoy using the product! Provide feedback and work to make it even better.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted