Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, build, test, and ship production-ready software
- Work with computational biologists and front-end software engineers to spec out new product features.
- Define APIs, schemas, and file format changes to enable the visualization, storage and computation of complex biological data.
- Make substantive changes to web applications across the stack, from cloud deployment to UI changes.
- Design and develop cloud-based APIs for data analysis.
To be successful you'll have:
- 3+ years shipping software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar
- Significant experience writing application-level logic within the web stack, such as Django, --Flask, Ruby on Rails, Go, Node/Express, etc.
Nice to have background and experience:
- Hands-on experience writing applications in Go or Rust a significant plus
- Front-end development experience using modern web technologies (React, Vue, Polymer, Angular, etc.)
- Background in biology and DNA sequencing is not required. Interest in the field is
About 10x Genomics:
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco. Remote development will be considered for the strongest candidates; Bay Area preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted