Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for an engineer who’s passionate about creating a solid, scalable, highly ergonomic platform that the Stellar ecosystem uses to build next generation financial apps.
On our team, you’ll be able to tackle all kinds of intriguing challenges, including distributed systems, achieving high scalability, cryptography, API & protocol design, a wide range of web technologies, data analytics, real-time systems, and security.
- You have 3+ years of real-world software engineering experience
- You’re a strong problem solver and fast learner
- You’re compassionate, collaborative, and deeply care for the people around you
- You’re passionate about top quality code and using the latest best practices
- You’re mission driven
- You build software with your users and their needs top of mind
- You enjoy shipping products, measuring value to users, and iterating
- You love building open source software
What you might work on
- Horizon: our open source Go API server that makes it easy to build apps on Stellar
- Cutting-edge financial apps that give individuals in developing countries power over their finances
- Protocols and reference implementations that help organizations building on Stellar work together
- Trading bots like Kelp
- Dozens of other tools and systems that make developing diverse financial apps on Stellar as ergonomic as possible
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted