Do you want to program democracy? With us you work in a small, committed team and drive the expansion of our openPetition platform. This includes the expansion of existing modules and the development of new modules for the communication and networking of users of our platform. You mainly carry out tasks on your own responsibility. You design and program your own code and check and test your team's code. We don't need hierarchies. We only have power struggles over the Spotify playlist and the last candy bar.
You should bring along
- Proven practical experience in programming web applications
- Willingness to familiarize yourself with new technologies
- Commitment to data protection and data economy
- Passion for the developed product
- Interest in democracy and political participation
You could bring along
- Experience in database design, with scalable web architectures, server caching, queuing systems
- Knowledge of administration and automation of the server infrastructure
- Debian, Ubuntu
- nginx, MariaDB
- Memcached, redis
- Nominatim, Kibana, Postfix (we have our own email server)
- Git, github
- Meaningful work on a project with social benefits in a non-profit organization (NGO)
- Free choice of your development environment
- Fixed, transparent salary schedule
- Possibility to implement your own ideas
- No customer-driven work, we set implementation periods ourselves
- A small team with a lot of scope, little bureaucracy
- Help your new team members familiarize themselves with our native software environment
Applications only online (PDF) to email@example.com
Encrypted sending with PGP is possible.
openPetition is committed to modernizing our parliamentary democracy. As a platform for campaigns, petitions and citizens' initiatives, we build tools with which citizens can put their concerns on the political agenda. openPetition enables social dialogue between citizens and politics. The success of our petitioners is a confirmation of our work.
As a non-profit GmbH, openPetition is financed mainly from small donations. With over 8 million users, the platform is the largest political dialogue portal in Germany. openPetition is non-profit, non-partisan, transparent.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted