Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 2000+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here.
CIC’s project in Warsaw will be one of the largest innovation-oriented centers in Europe. Opening in 2020, it will be located within the new landmark on Warsaw’s map, Varso, the tallest building in the EU, situated directly next to the Warsaw Central train station. The team in Warsaw will be made of community and relationship teams which will work together to provide the best community experience.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
As part of our CIC’s Global Software Engineering Team, you will be working along with 6 other developers on our core projects: new operational software for CIC worldwide, portal for our clients, wide selection of tools supporting our core operations and teams. You will:
- Work on developing new features for our staff- and client-facing applications.
- Convert ideas into working solutions to support our core operations.
- Take care of maintenance, bug fixing and troubleshooting requests coming from users and our QA.
- Plan and brainstorm together with the team
- Work in a team where every voice counts, using Scrum methodology
Our Team’s Tech Stack:Backend: Python; Django; FlaskFrontend: Angular 2+Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis Infrastructure: Google Cloud, Kubernetes, DockerFunctional/end-to-end tests: Java, Selenium, TestNG,Other tools: Jira, Bitbucket, Jenkins - CI/CD
You have at least 3 years experience building software in a commercial environment. You worked as part of a team with strong development practices. You are proactive, ready to discuss and present ideas - we are a team of innovators! Adding to that you also have:
- excellent skills in backend programming in Python
- experience in designing REST APIs
- experience in writing unit and functional tests
- experience in using version control software
- willingness to learn and use new technologies for frontend and mobile development
- significant experience in Python/Django 2+ programming and one of the following:Django Rest FrameworkDocker + KubernetesGoogle CloudTest Driven Development CI/CD solutions
- English skills at at least B2 level
- Working in a small agile team - your voice counts!
- Full time employment contract (no B2B contract option)
- Starting compensation 12 000 PLN gross
- Training/conference budget
- Multisport card
- Monthly massages
- Private medical care (family or individual plan; Medicover)
- Laptop and mobile phone as your working tools (Apple devices - MacBook Pro, 2 x 24-inch displays)
- Regular evaluation of your work, and salary raises every year based on performance
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Ability to work in a world-class interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem and international community of exceptional entrepreneurs
- Amazing office in the most centrally located building and the new landmark of Warsaw - Varso Place - which will be the tallest skyscraper in the European Union and the most intelligent green building Access to: green public plaza, professional parking for bicycles and much more useful building feature -www.varso.com.
- Fully equipped kitchen with fresh fruits, snacks, cold drinks and ice-cream in the office
- Access to amenities including a game room and more.
- This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the innovation community at a growing company while contributing to a new site by helping to hone existing practices and processes and creating new ones. CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support.
If you are interested, please kindly submit your CV in English.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted