What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a collaborative and results-driven Senior DevOps engineer with extensive experience in AWS architecture, Linux systems administration and Agile software development.
Above all, you care about delivering quality service and software in a sustainable and timely manner. You have experience in, and passion for, high-quality, maintainable infrastructure and code that confers low operating costs, high change velocity and is a point of professional pride for you and the team.
The DevOps team maintains and develops the AWS infrastructure and deployment tools. The team provides and manages tooling for the creation, maintenance and optimization of deployment pipelines that encourage and enable development teams ownership of the software development lifecycle. We are motivated to build a team where members bring sound infrastructure design fundamentals and a diverse set of skills and experiences to the table. We are looking for experience and expertise in most of the following technologies:
- AWS services (EC2, RDS, Route53 and more…)
- One or more of Puppet, Chef, Ansible or comparable configuration management tools
- Orchestration platforms for containers (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm or ECS)
- Linux systems administration
- Network administration
- Scripting languages such as Bash, CSH, etc.
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby or other object-oriented language
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Designing resilient, high-availability systems and services
- Managing and improving continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Refactoring to keep code maintainable
- Conducting exploratory and automated testing
- Debugging complex problems under time constraints
- Leading technical design of cloud infrastructure and participation in larger system design efforts
- Providing technical guidance and feedback to other engineers
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Running deployment software to put code on production
- Planning and estimating development tasks and short-term projects
- Developing and using metrics to drive infrastructure decisions
- Relating your project deliverables to products you are building and strategy behind them
- Advocating for user needs in infrastructure and software you are building
- Collaborating with all internal development teams to define and refine requirements
- Over time, we expect engineers in this role to grow by learning and practicing the following skills: - Participating in application and system level technical design - Conducting technical interviews - Participating in planning staffing needs on your team - Metrics driven infrastructure and software development
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
Get weekly notifications when new jobs are posted